How to Choose a Medicare
Part D Plan
What to Look for When Comparing Plans
To learn how to choose a Part D plan, you should consider a few factors.
- How often you use prescription drugs
- The types of drugs you take (generic or brand name)
- Whether you prefer Medicare Part D drug plans with a yearly deductible and a lower
monthly premium, or a $01 deductible plan with a higher monthly premium
- How copays and coinsurance amounts differ within each of the four Part D coverage
- Out-of-pocket copays and coinsurance amounts that go into effect should you enter
the Coverage Gap (Donut Hole)
1Alaska Choice Plan has a $360 deductible and Stage 2 copays/coinsurance of $2/17%/37%/25% (Tiers 1-5).