Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP)
The SilverScript MTMP helps you get the greatest health benefit from your medications by:
- Preventing or reducing drug-related risks
- Increasing your awareness
- Supporting good habits
Who qualifies for the Medication Therapy Management Program?
We will automatically enroll you in the SilverScript MTMP at no extra cost to you if all three conditions apply:
- You take eight or more Medicare Part D covered maintenance drugs
- You have three or more of these long-term health conditions:
- Chronic Heart Failure
- You reach $4,255 in 2020 in yearly prescription drug costs paid by you and the plan.
Your participation in the MTMP is voluntary, and it does not affect your coverage. This program is no cost to you and is open only to those who are invited to participate. The program is not considered a benefit.
What services are included in the Medication Therapy Management Program?
- The MTMP provides you with a Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR) and a
- Targeted Medication Review (TMR)
Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR)
A CMR is a one-on-one discussion with a pharmacist to answer questions and address concerns you have about the medications you take, including:
- Prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Herbal therapies
- Dietary supplements and vitamins
The pharmacist will offer ways to manage your conditions with the drugs you take. If more information is needed, the pharmacist may contact your prescribing doctor or other prescriber. A CMR takes about 30 minutes and is usually offered once each year — if you qualify. At the end of your discussion, the pharmacist will give you a Personal Medication List of the medications you discussed during your CMR.
You will also receive a Medication Action Plan from the pharmacist. Your plan may include suggestions from the pharmacist for you and your doctor or other prescriber to discuss during your next visit.
See a sample personal medication list (PDF)
See a sample medication action plan (PDF)
Targeted Medication Review (TMR)
A TMR is a process whereby we mail, fax or call your doctor or other prescriber with suggestions about prescription drugs that may be safer, or work better than your current drugs. As always, your prescribing doctor or other prescriber will decide whether to consider our suggestions. Your prescription drugs will not change unless you and your doctor or other prescriber decide to change them. We may also contact you, by mail or phone, with suggestions about your medications.
How will I know if I qualify for the Medication Therapy Management Program?
If you qualify, we will mail you a letter letting you know that you qualify for the MTMP. Afterward, you may receive a call from a partner pharmacy, inviting you to schedule a one-on-one medication review at a convenient time.
See a sample 2020 MTM enrollment letter (PDF)
Who will contact me about the review?
You may receive a call from a pharmacy where you recently filled one or more of your prescriptions. You will be given the option to choose an in-person review or a phone review.
You may be contacted by a call center pharmacist to provide your review, and ensure that you have access to the service if you want to participate. These reviews are conducted by phone.
Why is a review with a pharmacist important?
Different Prescribers may write prescriptions for you without knowing all the prescription drugs and/or over-the-counter (OTC) medications you take. For that reason, a pharmacist will:
- Discuss how your prescription drugs and OTC medications may affect each other
- Identify any prescription drugs and OTC medications that may cause side effects, and offer suggestions to help
- Help you get the most benefit from all of your prescription drugs and OTC medications
- Review opportunities to help you reduce your prescription drug costs
How do I benefit from talking with a pharmacist?
- Discussing your medications can result in real peace of mind, knowing that you are taking your prescription drugs and OTC medications safely.
- The pharmacist can look for ways to help you save money on your out-of-pocket prescription drug costs.
- You benefit by having a Personal Medication List (PDF) and a Medication Action Plan (PDF) to keep and share with your prescribing doctor or other prescriber.
How do I get more information about the Medication Therapy Management Program?
If you would like additional information about our MTMP, or if you do not want to participate after being enrolled in our program, please call Customer Care toll free at 1-844-635-3406, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY users call 711.