Medication Therapy Management Program (MTMP)
The SilverScript (MTMP) helps you get the greatest health benefit
from your medications by:
- Preventing or reducing drug-related risks
- Increasing your awareness
- Supporting good habits
Who qualifies for the Medication Therapy Management Program?
We will automatically enroll you in the SilverScript MTMP at no cost to you if all
three (3) conditions apply:
1. You take eight or more Medicare Part D covered maintenance drugs
2. You have three or more of these long-term health conditions
3. You reach $3,967 in yearly prescription drug costs paid by you and the plan.
• Chronic Heart Failure
Your participation in the MTMP is voluntary, and it does not affect your coverage. This program is free of charge and open only to those who are invited
to participate. The MTMP is not an included benefit to all members.
What services are included in the Medication Therapy Management Program?
- The MTMP provides you with a Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR) and a
- Targeted Medication Review (TMR)
Comprehensive Medication Review (CMR)
A CMR is a one-on-one discussion with a pharmacist to answer questions and address concerns you have about the medications you take, including:
- Prescription drugs
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Herbal therapies
- Dietary supplements and vitamins
The pharmacist will offer ways to manage your conditions with the drugs you take.
If more information is needed, the pharmacist may contact your prescribing doctor or other prescriber.
A CMR takes about 30 minutes and is usually offered once each year—if you qualify.
At the end of your discussion, the pharmacist will give you a Personal Medication
List of the medications you discussed during your CMR.
You will also receive a Medication Action Plan from the pharmacist. Your
plan may include suggestions from the pharmacist for you and your doctor or other prescriber to discuss
during your next visit.
Targeted Medication Review (TMR)
A TMR is where we mail or fax suggestions to your doctor or other prescriber every three months about prescription
drugs that may be safer or work better than your current drugs. As always, your prescribing doctor or other prescriber
will decide whether to consider our suggestions. Your prescription drugs will not change unless you and your doctor or
other prescriber decide to change them.
How will I know if I qualify for the Medication Therapy Management Program?
If you qualify, we will mail you a letter letting you know that you qualify for the MTMP. Afterward, you may receive a call
from a partner pharmacy, inviting you to schedule a one-on-one medication review at a convenient time.
Will the Medication Therapy Management Program pharmacist be my regular pharmacist?
Yes, if your regular pharmacy chooses to participate in the MTMP as a service provider. You will be given the
option to choose an in-person review or a phone review.
If your regular pharmacy does not participate in the program, you may be contacted by a pharmacist to provide
your MTMP review, and to ensure that you have access to the service if you want to participate. MTMP reviews with a pharmacist are conducted by phone.
Why is a review with a pharmacist important?
Different Prescribers may write prescriptions for you without knowing all the prescription drugs and/or over-the-counter (OTC)
medications you take. For that reason, a pharmacist will:
- Discuss how your prescription drugs and OTC medications may affect each other.
- Identify any prescription drugs and OTC medications that may cause side effects,
and offer suggestions to help.
- Help you get the most benefit from all of your prescription drugs and OTC medications.
- Review opportunities to help you reduce your prescription drug costs.
How do I benefit from talking with a pharmacist?
- Discussing your medications can result in real peace of mind knowing that you are
taking your prescription drugs and OTC medications safely.
- The pharmacist can look for ways to help you save money on your out-of-pocket prescription
How do I get more information about the Medication Therapy Management Program?
If you would like additional information about our MTMP, or if you do not want to
participate after being enrolled in the program, please call Customer Care toll
free at 1-844-635-3406, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY users call 711.